About Ms. Brown

Hi, My name is Ms. Barbara Brown. I am a senior at the University of Tennessee Knoxville majoring in Elementary Deaf Education. One day I hope to teach children who are deaf better communicate with both the deaf and hearing community. I believe that learning should be fun, meaningful, and progressive!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Wordle

This week in class, students starting presenting Web 2.0 Tools that we all worked on creating last week.  On Tuesday, the Wordle group presented.  I have actually seen ideas like this type of Web 2.0 tool while exploring on Pinterest, but they never seemed to work like they should, so I was excited to learn about this Web 2.0 tool that I can easily use to create visuals for my classroom.  I know this type of technology tool will be helpful for students who are deaf that are visual learners.  This is also something easy that they can go about creating themselves for lessons being learned, creating word walls, and using for important information before a test.  I also think there is a wide variety of using this tool outside of the classroom, an example being invitations.  I look forward as the semester continues to learn about other Web 2.0 tools that can be used in the classroom.

Here is an example of Wordle from this blog post.
http://www.wordle.net/create

No comments:

Post a Comment