About Ms. Brown

Hi, My name is Ms. Barbara Brown. I am a senior at the University of Tennessee Knoxville majoring in Elementary Deaf Education. One day I hope to teach children who are deaf better communicate with both the deaf and hearing community. I believe that learning should be fun, meaningful, and progressive!

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Interactive Whiteboard

In class Thursday, we talked about using the Interactive Whiteboard, powered by Promethean, in class when we start teaching. We were able to get up in front of the class and interact with the board some, while tools where being taught. I thought it was neat all the tools that can be used with this board, and I am sure next week we will learn a lot more that can be done to help all types of students learn. It seems like this type of tool can be used for many different subjects, but would probably be best for Science and Social Studies. I liked the idea of being able to hide clues and answers behind pictures on the flipchart, and allows student interact with the board and finding answers. I think with this, it makes learning more meaningful than just a worksheet or reading out of a textbook. Creating a flipchart seems a lot easier than making a PowerPoint, and it offers more tools for learning than just words, pictures, videos, and website links, although all of these are available within the Interactive White Board. It is also handy to be able to find flipcharts that have already been created on http://www.prometheanplanet.com/en/.  One must look into the presentation first though before using it in the classroom, because not only are there excellent flipcharts, there are also some bad ones as well, due to anyone being able to upload to this website.  I look forward to learning more about the different tools that can be used for teaching, and also different areas that the Interactive Whiteboard can be used for within the classroom.  I think this will be an awesome tool to use with student who are deaf and hard of hearing that I will be teaching soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment