About Ms. Brown

Hi, My name is Ms. Barbara Brown. I am a senior at the University of Tennessee Knoxville majoring in Elementary Deaf Education. One day I hope to teach children who are deaf better communicate with both the deaf and hearing community. I believe that learning should be fun, meaningful, and progressive!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Inquiry Based Assesments & Webquests

Last week we talked about webquests and how they can be used in the classroom.  We at first evaluated webquests to see which is best for teaching with using time management, technology, interaction, and higher level thinking.  I really enjoyed being able to think about these four things when making a lesson or activity for students.  After evaluating, the class picked out a webquest to review and gather information.  I hope that this is something I can use in my future classroom.
Webquests

This week we focused on Inquiry Based Assessments.  We chose a textbook to guide us through standards that must be met for specific grades and subjects.  I chose to do 5th grade heredity.  I liked being able to get experience in coming up with a worksheet for students to fill out after using technology to learn about a subject.  This will definitely be something I can use while working with students who are deaf or hard of hearing.  I also like the idea that with the Wiki we can go back and look at other classmates' information that they found for their lessons and standards that must be met.
 Wiki about Heredity

No comments:

Post a Comment