About Ms. Brown

Hi, My name is Ms. Barbara Brown. I am a senior at the University of Tennessee Knoxville majoring in Elementary Deaf Education. One day I hope to teach children who are deaf better communicate with both the deaf and hearing community. I believe that learning should be fun, meaningful, and progressive!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Rockstar Trading Card Presentation

I enjoyed learning about using the wiki program to present our rockstar trading card about Golden Topaz.  I had never heard of wiki's before this class, so I have learned a lot already just in the short time that we have spent with the program.  I liked hearing how this type of lesson could be used in different content areas, because it helped me realize that in deaf education I can use this for my students who are visual learners.  Also, the wiki's could be used to show parents so that when the student comes home it would be available for study and review materials later on.  This could also be something that is shared with other teachers to present ideas that might be helpful in their classroom.
Also I was glad to be able to actually check out a textbook for teachers to use for the curriculum assignment.  In a few of my other classes, we have done assignments with state standards and curriculum, but there is so much to take in that it is still confusing to me.  I hope that being able to make a lesson from a textbook with information on how to get the standard into learning will help clarify what it means to have to reach all state standards within the year.

Golden Topaz Rockstar Trading Card

No comments:

Post a Comment