About Ms. Brown

Hi, My name is Ms. Barbara Brown. I am a senior at the University of Tennessee Knoxville majoring in Elementary Deaf Education. One day I hope to teach children who are deaf better communicate with both the deaf and hearing community. I believe that learning should be fun, meaningful, and progressive!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Digital Diagrams

This week in TPTE 486, we started our digital diagrams in a program known as Inspiration.  Although the software is not free, we were able to download a free version to use on our home computers.  I chose to do my digital diagram on the life cycle of butterflies.  It aligns with 2nd grade science standard GLE 0207.4.1 Compare the life cycles of various organisms.  It also aligns with NETS.T 1. Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity, and 2. Design and Develop Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessments. The textbook used for this project was Butterflies and Moths (Delta Science Readers).  I think this tool will be very helpful when I start my career as deaf education teacher.  Usually students who are deaf or hard of hearing are visual learners, so I feel that this tool will be very beneficial.  Here is a screenshot of my digital diagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment