About Ms. Brown

Hi, My name is Ms. Barbara Brown. I am a senior at the University of Tennessee Knoxville majoring in Elementary Deaf Education. One day I hope to teach children who are deaf better communicate with both the deaf and hearing community. I believe that learning should be fun, meaningful, and progressive!

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Storybird and Digital Diagrams

This week in TPTE 486 we continued working on our Interactive WhiteBoard projects.  It is still overwhelming, but I am enjoying learning about all the tools that I can use in my future classroom.  I am working on creating a flipchart for plant and animal cells.  

We also learned about the web 2.0 tool Storybird, which allows teachers, students, and other individuals to create  simple free storybooks online.  Pictures are already provided to help create a story as well as themes.  This tool helps with imagination, the basics of storytelling, and helping to make reading meaningful and fun for all ages. 
This is a story I created about activities a person can do during their free time.  Check it out, and make your own story!

http://storybird.com/books/free-time-favorites/

On Thursday we started learning about digital diagrams.  We ran through an example, and also a few ways to use this tool through the program Inspiration.  Although it is not free, one can learn about making digital diagrams through a trial period.  I also found a  2nd grade science textbook to guide my project on the life cycle of a butterfly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment